IF . . .
1) The prophets were really foretelling even when they spoke in metaphor.
2) That Jesus is the one they had been told about by God.
3) Jesus fulfills the essence of the the metaphor and in reality goes beyond it.
THEN . . .
1) What is difficult to interpret as referrimg to him in Isaiah 52:13-53:12?
2) How would you handled the difficulty? On this one, since the passage contains metaphoric and literal elements, think of the difficulty using a different meaning for the term that causes the difficulty.